SERVER HOSTING – CUSTOMER PROFILE
The following client is a Canadian not‐for‐profit association representing all aspects of the market intelligence and survey research industry. This client’s mission is to promote a positive environment that enhances the industry’s ability to conduct affairs effectively and to the benefit of the public and members. We offer as a small business dedicated server and Server and Application Hosting.
The challenge that the client faced was a need to provide reliable, secure access to the client’s Portal, a customized online web portal developed to enable members and non‐members to do a wide range of real‐time registration and payment transactions with the Association. The client hired a consultant to investigate their best available options. The client was advised to hire a company to purchase and host a dedicated server Hosting which would address the following:
- Provide a high‐end hosting facility with multiple layers of redundancy
- Provide a dedicated server designed for 24 /7 operations, backup, support and maintenance of the system.
Being a non‐profit association the above requirements had to be provided at a very competitive cost.
- Several IT company providers were considered.
- Many of the available options addressed some but not all of the client’s needs
- The options available were costly and did not fit into the budget.
- Essential Data Solutions was selected because of its creativity, effective solutions, and reasonable costs.
- Essential offered to support and backup the client’s internal network as part of the hosting package.
- Essential uses one of the most physically secure and technologically advanced hosting locations in North America.
- IBM hardware designed for 24 /7 operations was offered.
- Essential’s solution was offered at a very competitive, integrated monthly cost / package deal.
Essential addressed the client’s IT requirements with the following solution:
- 24 /7 Accessibility – implementing the server in a hosting facility which includes multiple Internet connections and incoming power supplies.
- 24 /7 Hardware ‐ an IBM server designed for constant use and equipped with multiple redundancies was implemented.
- Physical Security – The hosting facility used by Essential is one on the most secure facilities in North America which includes a third party security company, bullet proof windows, and steel reinforced walls.
- Technological Security – High end firewalls and VPN configured to protect the server and the information from hacking attempts.
- System Backup – the system is backed up daily for an additional layer of security.
- Testing – Data recovery processes are tested regularly to ensure proper backups.
- Data recovery – lost, deleted, or corrupt files can be restored in just minutes.
- IT Support – Essential’s Help Desk, including internal server monitoring and on‐site support as required.
- Once a solution was designed and accepted by the client, Essential had the hosted server up and running within days, downtime was very minimal.
- The client now has a very reliable system on which to operate its Portal.
- There is virtually no downtime due to the specialized hardware selected by Essential, the redundant internet connections and power supplies, the secure hosting facility, and the monitoring of network activity by Essential’s qualified engineers.
- Data is backed up daily and stored on an offsite dedicated server, so there is no risk of data loss.
- Data Recovery – small files are restored within minutes, and in the case of complete data loss (fire, flood etc), all files can be back up and running within 24 hours.
- Essential provides technical support to the client as part of the low monthly cost of the solution.
“Essential Data Services has met our needs effectively and at a competitive price that our IT budget could accommodate. Essential was able to design and seamlessly implement an integrated, highly secure and remotely‐hosted solution for us, and has maintained it a reasonable monthly cost. We’ve been very pleased with the service provided by Essential Data Services and with our relationship with them as an IT services provider.”
‐ Brendan, Executive Director